April 22, 2013

F5 yourself with Detox Water




Feeling toxinated? Polluted?  I am. 

How to get your healthy-unpolluted-detoxinated body back? Detox water! I found this brilliant, brilliant idea via my favorite website ever.... drumroll please... Pinterest! How did I ever survive without it? A place to ooooh and awww over hundreds of mind-boggling ideas. A place to bookmark and easily organize anything I stumble across online. A tiny bit of heaven!

Let's just say I spend way too much time on there. And Tumblr too. (Just in case you haven't followed me there). 

Anyways... Detox Water. Rumored to help you maintain a flat belly, lemon and water fuse overnight to create a natural detox, helping to flush impurities out of your system. The cucumber lends a cool, refreshing flavor while the mint gives it a bit of a snap.  The original recipe had fresh ginger, but I didn't have any and I still really liked the result. 

It's like, I finally found my long lost BFF, well not really BFF because it happens to be my comfy unmade bed and it forever will be, but yeah, it's the second close. Detox water is practically my F5 button right now (do you guys still use F5 button anyways?). If you happen to use windows on your PC, you should know that F5 button is the fastest and most convenience way for you to refresh your PC. And so it goes also with this detox water to my body. Refresh. Instantly. Poof~

So let's click more for the recipe~






Some called this detox water as a sassy water. Whatevs, it's the exact same thing and I prefer to call it detox water to make it looks more….scientific. Don't you just love sci-fi movies and stuffs?

Anyways, I like to make a batch and divide it among a few ball jars so I can take it to work or with me on errands.  Go ahead! Make it! Embrace your inner science and sassiness. 




Detox Water Brilliant Recipe by clicheaulait. No, am kidding. It's so simple I'm not the one inventing it.

Ingredients:
  • 2 lemons
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 10-12 mint leaves
  • 3 litters water


Prep Time: 5 minutes
Chill Time: Overnight or 8 hours 
Yields: 10-12 glasses


Method:
  1. Slice cucumber and lemons. Place in the bottom of the pitcher.  Toss in mint leaves. Add water.
  2. Chill overnight or for at least 8 hours. Some said it needs to be room temperatured. But I like to make mine cooler in a fridge.




I’ve always loved lemon in my water but never went the extra step and added mint or cucumber slices. But now, I am so glad that I did! Lemon, mint and cucumber are each the epitome of freshness to me and when I put the three together it was pure bliss! I don’t really like soda at all and drinking fruit juices all the time can get a little too sweet. This water totally wipes your taste buds clean (in a good way) and makes you feel super hydrated and refreshed. F5-ed!

So, shoo shoo~ Go run yourself to the kitchen and make a jar of this detox water, like, now. 


Tschau~
b



(photo courtesy: instock, edited by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment